I need a swedish meatball sauce recipe- share yours?

I googled and about 80000 of them popped up! lol! They, of course are all different, will you share yours? Thanks a bunch!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Food & Drink

• A can of beef broth, a can of cream of mushroom soup, some soy sauce and some parsley and black pepper. Toss in the slow cooker with some meatballs and simmer. YUMMMM
    ithi

Answer by ithi at 1:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I don't really use a recipe. I make meatballs, adding a tiny bit of nutmeg. I saute them in the pan, and then, when they're all cooked, I add flour to the drippings and cook for about a minute, then add beef broth, and a dash of Worcestershire sauce. I let that simmer for a few minutes, then remove from the heat and add sour cream, thinned with a bit of cream or half & half, and parsley. Easy and quick and yummy :)

Oh! If you don't have any sour cream, you can add a bit of soy sauce to the beef gravy, then when you take it off the heat add cream and parsley. Tastes almost the same, and it good too.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 6:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• SWEDISH MEATBALLS
    Meatballs:
    1 lb ground beef
    1 lb ground pork
    1 c dry bread crumbs
    2 eggs
    1/2 c finely chopped celery
    1/2 c finely chopped onion
    1/2 c finely chopped green bell pepper
    2/3 c Half & Half
    2 Tbs. dried parsley flakes
    1 1/2 tsp. dill weed
    1 tsp. garlic powder
    1/2 tsp salt

Sauce:
    2 c 1/2n1/2
    1 c Sour Cream
    1 10 3/4-oz can cream of chicken soup
    1 tsp salt
    1/2-1 tsp caraway seed

1 16-oz pkg uncooked wide egg noodles

Combine meatball ingred, mix lightly. Shape meat into 16 balls.

Place meatballs in slowcooker on LOW for 4-5 hours. Remove from slowcooker. Drain grease; place balls back into crock.

Combine sauce ingred in bowl. Pour over meatballs. Cook stirring occasionally, 2-3 hours or sauce is heate
    puppieluv

Answer by puppieluv at 4:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• it is really funny how here in america the meatballs end up in the gravy but its not at all how its done.
    That gravy is done on the side.
    JENNIE_1977

Answer by JENNIE_1977 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 7, 2009