what happens

was wondering if anyone knows what happens to your scars when you die?? do they disappear--taken away in heaven--or do they stay as battle wounds so to speak---examples i guess would be bites, deep cuts, bruises, etc

jdmyangel

Asked by jdmyangel at 9:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Mortal vs. Heavenly Bodies Mortal Body Resurrection Body
    perishable vs imperishable
    dishonor vs glory
    weak vs powerful
    natural vs spiritual

Although the Bible tells us little about what it will be like in heaven, it seems that we will most likely have a physical body, although not in the same sense of “physical” that we have now. First Corinthians 15:52 says that "the dead will be raised incorruptible" and that those who are alive at the time of Christ's return for His saints "shall be changed." Jesus Christ is "the first fruits" of those who have died (1 Corinthians 15:20, 23). This means that He set the example and leads the way. First Corinthians 15:42 says that our "body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption."
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 10:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• In heaven we are given a new body so we wont have the scars there, physical or emotional.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• JCRestoreme gave the best answer. Thanks for the Bible verses! It is also my understanding that we will have new, perfect bodies, but that Jesus maintains His scars so that throughout eternity we will be reminded of the sacrifice He made for our salvation. Though God, he has retained his human body (we know this by his appearance to the desciples, showing them his scars and even eating with them).
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• If I'm not mistaken (which I very well could be...) you won't have scars/tats/etc - because you are not taking your physical body to the "hereafter". Maybe?
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Your body dies... Your spirit is all that remains... Your spirit doesn't have scars, just your body does. So they die with your body.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• never thought about it lol
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• do you know where it isays that in the bible
    jdmyangel

Comment by jdmyangel (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Well, I'd by more than happy to rid of my c-section scars but I really like my tattoos! :(
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 11:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• When you die, at first, your body and spirit are separated. And physical scars stay with the physical body. But eventually, just as Christ was, we will be resurrected and receive perfect, physical, immortal bodies. That's about as far as the scriptures go into detail. However, my personal belief is that we will get to choose if we want to keep something. For example, Christ was resurrected and received a perfect body... however, He still had scars in his hands, feet and side. These were symbols. Maybe He'll get rid of them eventually. Maybe not. So maybe I'll decide to keep my c-section scar as a reminder, or maybe not.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 12:47 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• our physical bodies? Probably not alot once the body stop functioning.

to our eternal spirits? I don't think personally we have a physical form then and when we communicate its more of a phychic or telepathic connection we have...something like that. I think we're just energy forms at that point (if anything).
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:05 AM on Oct. 22, 2010