Do people not know the difference between Muslims and the terrorists on 9-11?

Watch this: http://www.kirotv.com/news/25466952/detail.html

I am getting so sick and tired of people categorizing Muslims as terrorists simply because of the way they dress. Did you not remember that the terrorists on thos planes were not dressed in afghans or turbans? Do you remember the Airlines saying they were dressed in "regular-looking" attire that didn't make them stand out what-so-ever? So why the fuck are people being so stupid and ignorant, targeting those innocent people who do dress in the Muslim attire who had nothing to do with 9-11?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I know this is likely to get me another thumbs down from the fact-averse, but not only are there muslims who aren't terrorists, but there are terrorists who aren't muslim.

furthermore, not all muslims are identifiable by ethnicity.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Oh, so it is about the CLOTHES!!! I never would have thought of that...seriously...I never would have tried to work it from this angle. Let me know how it works out for you.

I'll tell you what I am tired of. I am tired of people that have become so politically correct and complacent they don't even notice their own hand slapping them in the face. No worries though, there are still plenty of us awake enough to see what is going on. We'll take care of you.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• @Blabbermouth The Muslim religion doesn't reward follows for murder - That would be the extremists. There are Christian extremists that preach the same thing about Christianity.
    But thank you for being such a wonderful example of the ignorance we are talking about here tonight.
    (BTW your ID is fitting.)
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'm not sure, I have been trying to figure out that answer as well. Ignorance is what I believe it to be.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• BTW OP, your use of the "f" word not only makes you look classless but it just sucks away any credibility you might have had.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• These people would kill us all in a heartbeat. Muslims need to use their numbers to squash this kind of nonsense forever and stop pretending it's not their problem.

What??  THESE people?  Who?  My daughters' pediatrician?  He's a Muslim.  I haven't seen him trying to kill my daughters in any of our visits.  The families I'd see at my younger daughter's developmental preschool?  They're also Muslim, and as far as I can tell, they're just trying to live their lives in spite of the hostility and prejudice they're facing more and more each day.  How would you suggest that they "quit pretending it's not their problem"?  It seems to me that their only problem, really, would be people like you who want to blame every Muslim on this earth for the actions of a few.  It doesn't seem fair to me. . .

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 10:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• You can tell by the comments who watches Fox News! You know the station that Tells You What To Think!
    Obviously some people believe every word lol
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Ugh. My MIL is like this. I love her, but her world few is so warped sometimes. I know lots of Muslims, and I just don't get the fear. In general the devout Muslims that I meet are humble, honest, hard working, and decent people. I honestly get infuriated when people speak ignorantly of them. I am totally with you.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I don't know but it pisses me off, too. This is a fresh topic on my mind because in my college Chem lab today, this idiotic chick (I swear I think she has 3 brain cells left from all the drugs I've heard her talk about doing) was talking about a guy she knows who is apparently a Muslim, and how she didn't want that freaky terrorist to rape her or kill her, etc. The topic came up because apparently he had asked her out or just randomly talked to her or something. OMG! A teenage boy talked to a cute girl, so he MUST be a terrorist. People's stupidity piss me off so much sometimes.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• and ive never been a predujice person but when muslims are shooting at my husband in iraq

________________________
    Honey, my husband was in Iraq as well and i don't hate muslim. I hate the actions of which people choose to take, but I don't hate them for their religious preferences. If I did, i would hate everyone of everyone's religion because there is always a group of dumbasses in every religious group who make stupid decisions. It has nothing to do with what God, Buddha or Ala wants them to do.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 10:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2010