your opinion, what is ideal age or age range for a kiddo going to Disney?

Assume the family (like mine!) will probably only be able to afford to go once, perhaps twice EVER.... what is the ideal window of time age wise that the kid(s) will enjoy, remember, and appreciate the experience. ... my husband and I have freakishly different opinions on this

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 10:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Travel

• I think the best age for a kid to go would be probably 7-11. my age limit would be atleast 4 years old just because before that they won't be able to ride may of the rides and they would probably get tired out from all the exictment early makeing the later parts of youtr days there not so fun.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Dh and I have agreed that if we ever go, we will wait until our youngest is at least 5. At 5 I think that they will be able to do a lot of the rides, not worry so much about taking a nap and they will most likely remember it because it will be a big deal.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My husband and I have talked about this. He will only go once, no exception. So I think the youngest should be at least 5, so that they can all remember it. Check the height requirements on the rides online to make sure your youngest can go on as man rides as he/she will want.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I agree with Liz132.

I have a friend who she and her hubby took their 3 boys ages, 3-4-8 and only the oldest rememberd anything without looking at any old photos of their trip. This was about 15 yrs ago......but the kids tire out real easy and its all so overwhelming.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 4:05 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• We went to Disney when I was 8 and I barely remember any of it. I would say aged 10 or more!
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 12:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• We took our daughter when she turned 2 and now she's 4 and doesn't remember going. There is no requirement for almost all rides. My DD went on all the rides that I did and I was 8 months pregnant at the time..but I would probably say like 4 or 5 would be a good age.
    FL_Mommy_2

Answer by FL_Mommy_2 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I think that 3 is a great age to start going. My kids thought it was the most magical thing in the world when we went. We had a 6 month old (who obviously not nothing out of it), a 3 year old and two 4 year olds. They still talk about it and thought that it was great. I am sure that we will go again as they get older and it will be a totally different experience next time. If you are only going to go once in their whole lives though I would wait until the 5 or older mark.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• 21

Answer by rkoloms at 9:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My husband and I have never been there and we are surprising our kids with a trip to Disneyland in May! So I am hoping the right age is 7, 4, and 1! We wanted to have our oldest go while she still believes in the Magic of the princesses and all of that. We hope to hit Disney World when they are all older! WE ARE SOOOOO EXCITED!!!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:04 AM on Oct. 24, 2010