Nausea at 41 weeks?

So I am 41 weeks pregnant and I have been nauseated through the whole first trimester and on and off through the thrid but tonight I have been extremly nauseated and I was wondering if this could possibly have anything to do with labor? I am scheduled for an induction on tuesday and I think I gave up a little that I will even go into labor but I have heard some women feel really sick like the day before they go into labor.... anyone expirence anything like this?

ErinT

Asked by ErinT at 10:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Thats a great sign. I got really sick before I went into labor with my second! Good Luck and congrats. Bout' time that little one made their appearance!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• i wuld have to say it is because you are so pregnant! i was naseaus the WHOLE time, so no help there!! i can tell you, i was induced all 4 times, critters just did not to be born!! personally, i think it is better than going into reg. labor, on the planning side. you know when you are going in, can make arrangments for the kids, ect. i took them up on the epi, so the pain was actually what i considered to be minimal!! good luck, and get some rest!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 10:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• good sign.....if it is a fairly new symptom or much worse than normal.
    Go get some sleep...your gonna need it. I personal am nausuas at that thought of being 41 weeks..LOL
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 10:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Any change is good, right? Although the nausea might have more to do with the fact that baby is taking up your entire abdominal cavity and there is no room for your internal organs.
    No worries, you won't be pregnant forever!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Well I know a lot of people have stomach problems right before they go into labor. I was very nauseated and throwing up during labor. I have my fingers crossed that this is it for you!!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Barfed my guts out in labor.

Hooray! You might miss your induction!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:39 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yeah, I was nauseaus in labor. Are you having any contractions/Braxton Hicks? I threw up during my first strong contraction on a monday morning and DS came just after midnight the following thursday. It was a long haul! LOL! The worst part for me was I couldn't eat or drink and I got really depleted and labor pretty much stopped all day wednesday. So, like the PPs said, get some rest, and if you're able, stock up on calories and water!

Funny thing, I read everything about pregnancy and childbirth and really educated myself. I was ready for ANYTHING. Except nausea. Somehow I never ran across that 'til it happened to me! Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:48 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• i was very ill before i had my son so its possible
    lovebunny82709

Answer by lovebunny82709 at 3:06 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• This is normal. Like the beginning of your pregnancy, your body has new hormones now. It is preparing for birth so EVERYTHING is getting switched around again.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2010