2mths old is this normal

she has a little cold from all of us in the family being sick she just has a runny nose and sounds kinda stuffed but since shes had this shes sleeping way more than usual..i keep worrying and going to check on her due to this.has anyone had this happen my other 2 as babys never got sick...i think my 2mth got sick due to her 2 older siblings and parents being sick

photogrypher

Asked by photogrypher at 10:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Awww, poor baby. Yes, they sleep a little more when they are sick bc their bodies are hard at work trying to feel better. Just make sure she is getting enough formula/breastmilk, wetting/soiling enough diapers, that she is alert when she is awake, not difficult to awaken, and that she doesn't have a fever. Good luck, mama.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• ty
    photogrypher

Comment by photogrypher (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Np. :) I hope you all feel better soon.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• everything kword said! but call and put a bug in the ped doc ear in the AM!!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 10:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My baby is 3 years old and I go and peek at her all night when she's sick, it never gets any better.
    I still call their DR 15 times and they always have me bring them in to tell me it's a cold and she'll be fine.
    On the other side of the coin, if they fall and are covered in blood I rarely panic unless their eyes start to roll back in their head - you really don't get to pick your neuroses!!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Lolol @ works4mom!

OP, your little one is working hard to get over that cold. It's good that she is able to get rest instead of being up and miserable. Call the doc if you like (I probably would too) but it sounds pretty normal to me.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:35 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I have a 6 week old and going through the same thing. She is doing much better today though. She slept a TON today. I called the doctor yesterday, and they said to elevate her bed, use saline drops in her nose and suck it out with the bulb syringe (especially before before bed and before she eats), and use a cool mist humidifier in her bedroom at night. They said not to worry unless you notice a fever of 100.5 or wheezing. Good Luck.
    BWIND

Answer by BWIND at 10:40 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• sorry to hear about your little one, my 2 month old isn't sick but the closer he gets to 3 months the more he seems to sleep.
    when he was 6 weeks old he has the "welcome to the outside world" sniffles and i was given saline drops and a new nose sucker like BWIND
    froggyt11

Answer by froggyt11 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Well, I know I sure want to sleep more when I'm sick (I have a cold now and just want to sleep all day, but that's not an option with a baby and 4yo at home) so I would assume a sick baby would sleep more, too.

My 3 month old caught my cold but his isn't as bad (I have a crappy immune system so the same cold rarely impacts my kids but I get so sick I can barely function).  He's been more fussy than usual but I don't think he's been sleeping more.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:56 AM on Oct. 22, 2010