bullies(vent*)

ok soo i dont know if any one read my post way last year when my daughter got into a fight with a girl and got rushed to the hospital at school & was suspeneded for 5 days along with my neice..but today when i pick my daughter i up i notice she has on 3 swetters and thermal under but i didnt question because its been very cold,soo when we get to my job after school my co worker/bestfriend says:Ohh Lonnie i"ll turn the heater on so you can take some of those jackets off but my daughter didnt take them off so i suspious i made her take them on and she has whips&brusies all over her arm it looks like from a cord,but she said this girl:Shayla hit her with the jump rope on her arm alot of times im very very very upset& idk what to do,my daughter starts crying cause she doesnt want me to get the girl in trouble & now shes saying it was an accident omg here comes the stress all over,(*sighs)(*puts head down)

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 10:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• IMO teachers/parents taking care of the bullies only makes it worse sometimes... But if your dd cant handle it herself I would be going up to the school- our first thing as parents is to protect our kids right?
    But I learned in school the best to stop the bullying is to stand up to them. Even if it means getting suspended. (if i stood up to a bully in school- my parents would NOT punish me for it!)... I faught 1 kid in school, we moved, my 2nd day of a new school i had to tell another person off.. i never got picked on after that.. I think if i would have let them know i was scared of them i would have been tormented in school..
    Best of luck to your girl.. :( Hugs
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I would be furious. For starters, why don't you get her into a class that would help teach self defense or even karate to help build up her self-esteem. As for the problem at school, I don't understand why someone didn't see it happen. A teacher or somebody should have noticed.I realize that she doesn't want to tell anyone because she is embarrassed, but it is still wrong. How old is your daughter? If necessary, see if she can go into another class.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:05 AM on Oct. 22, 2010