What do you do when you feel unappreciated???

When you do everything and all and all you ask for is a damn thank you or to be appreciated...Is it too much to ask for a simple thanks for being acknowledge from time to time...

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 10:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I sit down with my partner and talk with him about how I feel. Most of the time, he has just gotten caught up in his own stresses and doesn't realize that he hasn't made me feel very appreciated. This should go both ways, though. I always try and make it a point to make my hubby feel appreciated for what he does as well.
    Anonymous

• ....and didn't mean to answer anon there. lol.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I usually get over that feeling after a while. It only happens when I am crabby. I try to focus on all the great things about my life, and also, it's not hard for me to think of things that my hubby does that I take for granted too. It's hard to show constant appreciation when you lead busy lives. My son's smile is generally the solution to my attitude problems, lol.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I ask for a thank you. I tell the kids and hubby they need to show some love.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I know what you mean. When we were growing up and at my grandmother's house, we were taught to say thank you to her when we got up from the table. Now when my husband says the blessing at the dinner table, he always prays for the kids and even the dog but never mentions me. It makes me sad, but I try not to dwell on it.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 11:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I complain to that person loudly and let them know how I feel and why I feel they did not appreciate me. Sometimes others don't see things the way we do and it needs to be brought out in the open.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• what if the person you tell thinks he does and you FEEL he don't and he JUST DOES NOT SEE IT...

iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Men just don't go around telling people how much they appreciate you. I think it's a man thing. Sometimes they just don't realize what you do whether it be at home or anywhere else. I would casually mention, but just don't drag it out. The last thing you want is to have a fight over it.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:51 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Honestly I let it boil and then blast my husband because I am so upset. It always gets resolved but I just let it build up.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 8:00 AM on Oct. 22, 2010