I am not the other woman !!!!

I have a husband who I am madly in love with - I could never imagine being with someone else, especially while I am with him. He has a best friend who is at our house alot ( which if fine, they usually stay downstairs & watch sports or play the Wii), they work together, they are both firemen, and he is also a good friend of my brother.

He is married to a woman who is obsessed with the fact that she believes that he and I are having an affair. She tells that to everyone, she makes posts about it online, she calls me constantly, & i am pretty sure she broke one of our windows. We have all tried to explain to her that not only have been alone long enough to have an affair but we have never even stood close enough to do anything of the sort. I have invited her over ( everytime he comes), I have tried to talk to her, I am out of ideas, and frankly I am drove crazy. They are like brothers, and she wont listen to anyone !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I would just let her be crazy then. She will eventually come to the realization that she is deeply over-reacting! I would just let it be water under the bridge.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 10:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• It sounds like HE is not telling her the same thing. I think he is saying something that is making her think that he is cheating with you. I know it is crazy, but my high school boy friend did it to me. It's stupid, that i fell for his BS.
    If she doesn't come over when you invite her,it must be because he is telling her she isn't allowed.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Sounds like he is using your home as an escape hatch for problems in his marriage. This has absolutely nothing to do with you, and he needs to put on his big boy pants and deal with it instead of using your house as a shield from her anger.
    annabellelee

Answer by annabellelee at 10:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Sounds like they have a ton of problems and if he is at your house a lot than he is probably not talking the problems out with her. Even though it may seem like all the crazy is coming from her him being at your house not working it out shows he is just as much part of the fight as she is and you just got stuck in the middle.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Maybe he shouldn't come over so much. If he spent more time with her (or at home) she might realize she overreacted.
    nangel5

Answer by nangel5 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Maybe you aren't, but it sounds like he is using your hubby in that type of capacity. Seems like he is trying to get away from her for some reason (perhaps the jealousy?) and isn't dealing with his problems very well. He needs to sit down with her and have a serious talk about this. Does she blame EVERY woman he is around, or just you?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Wow, she sounds... crazy! I'd just try and keep away from her, if she's telling everyone that you and her DH are sleeping together, eventually (hopefully) everyone will realize she's nuts.
    Jenniy

Answer by Jenniy at 11:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I probably would talk with my husband about this guy not coming over alone anymore. I have a feeling he is telling her she is not welcome and it sounds a lot like he is hanging out at your house way too much. He might even like the idea of being in the middle of all the jealousy coming from her about you even though you've said nothing is going on.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I am the poster of this question ( i wanted to stay Anon because I know she has an account on here too ) .... but I guess i cant "answer" anon.

A little bit of background is... they have been together for 7 years, but she has a 4 year old daughter ( who isnt his, but he has been raising) ... but he said that he cant trust her but he wants it to work because of the little girl.... he wanted to go to counsiling and everything but she wont.

He does spend alot of time at our house but she got them kicked out of their house for arguing with the landlord and now they have to live in her parents tiny house... so I do believe that our house is an "escape" ....

I KNOW he has tried to get her to come over too, one time she even said she was on her way over ( we were going to play cards) but then she didnt show up ( even though she texted to say she was just about on our street) ...

( continued below)
    MarieMommaMee

Answer by MarieMommaMee at 11:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My husband and I have had several talks about this because honestly we are a little scared about what she will do ( like throwing a rock through a window.... and our outside cat has been missing -suddenly after 5 years, right when this stuff started) ...

My husband is torn because he and this guy were basically raised like brothers, I dont think they have gone more than 2 days apart from each other...

The friend says he doesnt know what to do anymore either that he is basically afraid of her too, but he is afriad to leave because since he doesnt have any legal standing with the baby, he wont see her anymore...

he said I am the only woman she has ever acted this way over too so we dont know why
    MarieMommaMee

Answer by MarieMommaMee at 11:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2010