Have you ever felt like you couldn't breathe when someone left you?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• My first real break up was horrible... the night he left me I had anxiety attacks all night ( and they lasted for months) .... it felt like someone was sitting on me.... and everytime i would drift off to sleep I would think of him and wake right back up.... I was constantly nasusous (sp) and even threw up alot....
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 10:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yep. That's called a panic attack. Been there, done that..... MANY times. It has to be one of those absolute worst feelings in the world, good thing it passes :)
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Sure did. The first break up I had after a long term relationship was terrible. Blamed myself, thought about him constantly (which made it worse), and had trouble breathing. Had the same thing happen when me and dh split up at the beginning of our marriage (long story there). But the good news is, it does end. Eventually, you learn that you CAN go on without them, and they probably weren't that great for you to begin with.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Absolutely. I had to stop my car because I couldn't see where I was going and I couldn't breath. I'm convinced that's where the word "heartache" originated. My whole chest area ached
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 7:09 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yes! It may take some time, but someday you will breathe easy again.
    nangel5

Answer by nangel5 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• When my girls' dad walked out I had to be medicated. I couldn't fuction I was that out of it. I started having panic attacks and couldn't breathe, couldn't eat or sleep it was horrible. I was driving around looking for him, making excuses to call it was awful. But as pointed out by others you do move past it and eventually things were okay again.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• No.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• As far as break ups go, no. But when my oldest son died, you bet.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 4:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2010