Can you love someone but not be IN love with that person...?

Can you recuperate a love if you feel like your slipping away from it..and no matter how hard you try you feel like maybe there is no saving it? Has anyone ever been able to fall back IN love after starting to fall out of love...?

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 10:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• It would take alot of work from both of you but something brought you together in the first place. See if you can see what went wrong or got in the way. Try marriage counseling because sometimes a third party who isn't involved emotionally can see better than the two of you.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think if you are willing to both do the work (that means 100% from each not just 50/50) than you guys could definitely re-kindle something. However if things just do not work, hopefully you can remain civil with each other and friends. It is for sure possible to love someone but not be IN love with them.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 11:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• i think you need to examine the entire relationship and figure out what is going on. You don't just wake up one day and have fallen out of love. It is a process that happens over time. If this is something you want to save then it will take the both of you trying to figure out what has gone wrong in the relationship. Yes I believe love can be rekindle. Loves goes through many stages and has it;s ups and downs. I believe if you work on it together yes love can be rekindled.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• It's perfectly normal to have periods like that in any marriage (or long term relationship). The trick is to be cognizant of it and make a sincere effort to reconnect.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• i love my husband dearly but the man he is today is not the man i fell in love with, he has changed alot over the past 8 years of our relationship (5 yrs married) and it is hard to be in love with this man, we've talked about the fact that he has changed and he has told me that the man i fell in love with no longer exsist inside of him anymore. that was hard to hear. he has been through alot in his military career and dealing with family loss but i sometimes feel he doesn't try hard enough to deal with the issues that are keeping him from being true to himself. i feel alone alot in my marriage b/c i dont feel very connected to this person. i want to be in love with him again but i dont feel like he is giving enough for me to keep trying... it isnt easy to keep going but i just keep waking up hoping that this will be the day he is back to his old self
    Bella3113

Answer by Bella3113 at 1:23 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My sister is going through this right now. She has been married just over a year but been with her DH for 6 years now. For the last few months she isn't sure she loveshim like she use to. She wants to try and work on it so they have been going to counseling for the last month.
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 2:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• It is possible to love someone but not be IN love with them. And yes you can fall back in love with someone if both people are willing to give it their all.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 8:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2010