Is it okay to be "vulgar" in your house?

I don't mean cussing. I mean fart jokes, gross humor, talking and joking about bodily functions...etc

circle_of_life

Asked by circle_of_life at 11:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• Lol I hope so, because we are really gross in my house. My son already laughs at farts and he isn't even 2 yet.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 11:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Sometimes. I have two sons, a dog, and a husband. Plus a 4 year old girl that loves to fart.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• In the house only...they know how they are expected to behave when we are in public, or with family and friends.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 11:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• It better be. If you have a kid who is in to bathroom humor there is really not a thing you can do to stop it. Even my parents, who were really strict, through up their hands at bathroom humor.
    Jemma4000

Answer by Jemma4000 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'm raising 2 boys. I allow fart jokes - I don't want to raise sissy men who get grossed out like a girl might. The only place they're not allowed to make gross jokes is when we're having dinner or someone is eating.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• We are all about crude humor around here! Although, like some of you said, some places are appropriate (like home) and some places are not, lol
    circle_of_life

Comment by circle_of_life (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• i think that my husband and my dog have a contest going to see who can fart the most. while i understand that its natural i would perfer the days when my husband was still worried about keeping me around and would walk away to fart not lock me in the room with him while poops! there is no privacy in my house and the baby isnt even here yet!
    bethann9988

Answer by bethann9988 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Sure as long as you keep it in the house and the kids know it isn't appropriate outside the family.
    Yozhick

Answer by Yozhick at 11:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yep. It is very much allowed in my home.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yes. We're not shy and we know that the human body and what it does is apart of life. Why not be open about it?
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2010