MY HUSBAND THINKS MARRIAGE IS A FAIRY TAIL AND IT IS ALL SUPPOSE TO BE LIKE THE FIRST DAY PEOPLE MET???that nobody is suppose to change...but people do change

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 11:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I have been married for 8 1/2 years. The hardest thing about being married is staying together through a change. People change. We just have to change together. I have changed mind, body, and soul. He also has changed the same, but at totally different times. He just needs a refresher of those vows he took. We are in this for the long run, so catch up and wait for the dust to settle. You can't decide if you can handle the change while it is still happening.
    Just let me tell him for you girl, LOL!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• That is the grand misconception and I can't deny that I even thought the same way. It's easy to get caught up in the first dating experience and think that it's going to last forever. However, once you get comfortable with someone and you start to share your lives together there are bound to be changes. It's hard to accept changes when they're different from what you loved soo much. An experience, a feeling, a person, a belief .. Whatever it is, that is what you liked about that moment. And when it changes it's hard to feel anything but dissapointment. Which can lead to that feeling that it's done and over with.

However, what people need to realize, what I had to realize is that it's not gone it's just coming through in a different way. And you have to change with the tide in order to stay above the waves. If you don't then you'll get taken down to the deep.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Then he is going to be sorely surprised. Love grows and changes just as people grow and change. When the bond is strong they change in the same direction. Maybe he is afraid of things being different, even though different can mean even better than before.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I agree with all of these above.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 9:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Tell him the movie is over.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

•  dancinintherain Girl if you could knock him some sense i would love you forever and never CHANGE...lol

iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 11:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2010