Did you hear about the package delivered to Rep. Grijalva's office?

The office of Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-Ariz.) has been locked down due to the presence of a suspicious package covered with swastikas, according to reports. KVOA reports that an "envelope containing white powder" was mailed to Grijalva's Tuscon office. Bomb technicians are reportedly on hand.

Grijalva told KVOA that the substance is toxic and Keith Olbermann tweeted that the Congressman would confirm that durring an appearance on "Countdown."

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• There are way too many Neo-Nazi groups in America. We should alll be worried--very worried. Swastikas have been painted on buildings and churces in Minnesota too---in a small college town,just lately. What is with them....they are scary,IMO.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Nope didn't hear yet..just signed on and haven't heard any news.That's crazy wow.Not saying it was...but remember last yr or so when swastikas were spray painted on a dems office (or something dem) it turned out to be some just trying to make others look bad.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:26 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Nope. I hadn't heard that. Horrible. I hope they are able to catch who did it and prosecute them.

On another note someone sent envelopes w/ white powder in them to a bunch of local schools.  I know it's not connected, but it's not just politicians and their offices that this happens to.  I think I remember Gov. Perry's office in TX receiving an envelope w/ white powder in it a couple years ago. 

There's no expiration date on stupid.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:18 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• On another note someone sent envelopes w/ white powder in them to a bunch of local schools.

That is awful

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 9:44 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• No kidding. 14 Houston schools got envelopes w/ powder. Most of them elementary schools.  I figure most of the time this stuff ends up being a prank, but you can't mess around with that sort of threat.  It just wastes tax payer funds and resources.  I wonder how many other people in need were neglected because these resources were dedicated to these threats.  Ridiculous. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:55 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I wouldn't assume that it's neonazi groups until it can be proven.

It would be nice if the people responsible would be caught and prosecuted.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• It would be nice if the people responsible would be caught and prosecuted.

They never found the person or people responsible for the original Anthrx deaths. They now say it was PROBABLY a scientist....but he's dead now...

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2010