scared im going to be alone in labor!

my is away on business,im 37w well ive been having contractions and back pain since sunday,but only dialated to 1cm, this morning i had my back aligned and ever since ive had way worse back pain and pressure,feel like i need to poop(did twice this morning)but cant baby has already dropped. is this labor?? really worried im gunna be alone since dh wont be home till saterday and my MIL is watching 18m dd when i hafta go to hospital..

mayo9mommy

Asked by mayo9mommy at 11:33 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well, it might happen and I am sorry that you wont have your Husband there if you were to go into labor now.
    Are you dehydrated? It is possible the cramping is caused by dehydration. Take a long bath and drink a ton of water! Rest as much as you can too. Do you have a female friend,sister, cousin, anyone that can be with you in labor??
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 11:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• It *could* be the beginning stages. Take a warm bath, drink c=some water. Try to rest. If this is the beginning it could be hours before you have active labor and you should rest up.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• im real worried cus i hafta have a csection, and my dr does it at 3cm.and i was 1cm 2days ago and been have bad contractions.
    mayo9mommy

Comment by mayo9mommy (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I would call your dr and let them know. how many an hour and what is going on with you. I know it is scary to be alone. Do you have a friend who would go with you? I hope you find someone for emotional support and things work out. Hugs!
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 11:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Are you having contractions too? If you are having contractions every 3-5 mins and getting stronger and won't let up with changing positions then you are in labor. I am 38 weeks and also dilated at only 1 cm with having contractions every 3-5min but not progressing and have been like this for over two months. I also have the back pain, cramping and pressure and feel like I have to poop all day. But I am not in labor yet. If you are concerned call your doctor or go to L&D so they can check you.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 11:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Hey im in Australia but this site lists some tollfree numbers you can call if you think your are in labour http://nursehotline.org/pregnancy
    i had severe back labour and irregular contractions before i had baby.. i was 3 days over and got induced by acupuncture.

Do you have a Dr or Midwife that can support you , if you have the baby?? i know having a partner absent is bloody scary but if baby wants to come you have to let her/him come.. your dr and midwife will be good support.. can you get another family member or friend to sit in in his place if he is away? it is always good to have another person around to support your hubby anyway. as for the dilation, i think i read on another post a lady had been 2 cm dilated for 2 weeks befor she even had her child. try not to stress out.. and relax. have a bath. if the pain is not going away and contractions are the same each time.. ring the hospital. Goodluck
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• good luck i hope he is there with you... it may just be because you are dehydrated so make sure that you drink a lot of water
    lovebunny82709

Answer by lovebunny82709 at 2:59 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I an afraid I am in the same boat.....let me know how everything goes. I hope he can be there. My husband drives over the road and is only home 1 day a week. I am not looking forward to it either. Try to rest, not think about it, drink plenty of water, and call your doctor, I keep telling myself in the end she will be here and daddy will be home for atleast a week and if I have already been in the hospital that will be 2 more days of help Ill have with the others before he leaves again!!!
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 11:14 AM on Oct. 22, 2010