are you going to teach your kids...

to cook. boy and girls, neither, just the girl, or just the boys?
My amazing man of mine doesn't even know how to cook eggs, he didn't know how to brown meat, or even how to boil water. I had to teach him. I am soooooo going to teach my kids, boys and girl. But what about you what is your oppinion?

iluvmymomasboys

Asked by iluvmymomasboys at 11:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We are teaching both of our children, both sexes.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• YES! I have three boys and my oldest is already in the kitchen helping me and learning to cook. I think ALL people should know how to cook, regardless of gender!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yup. Already started. My boys are already fixing lunch on a regular basis and they help with dinner once a week. And about once a month, dinner is all on them. They are 10 and 9. My daughter is only 4 so she only helps "cook" things that don't require actual cooking and cutting. LOL
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 11:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Of course, how else will they cook me 7 course meals? No, seriously, self sufficiency is super important. They will not only learn to cook, but will learn to change tires!
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 11:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• It'll depend if they want to know. I'm not going to force any of them into the kitchen. But at this point in time they're all showing interest - though so far only the oldest is allowed to help out.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I agree girls will should be taught to do the basics with cars and learn to mow the lawn ect. I really hate the way his mother never taught him some stuff about basic life.
    iluvmymomasboys

Comment by iluvmymomasboys (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• yup people should no how to cook regardless of what sex they and i had to do the same with my df
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 11:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• All of my children will learn to cook, and my husband agrees. My husband is a way better cook then I am too.
    prettypaper

Answer by prettypaper at 11:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I have 2 stepdaughters and their mother wouldn't let them cook, so I taught them. They love it
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 11:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My son is 14 and knows how to cook. He can't rely on someone else to cook for him when he moves out, so he needs to learn for himself. BOTH sexes need to learn how to cook and clean and also how to check fluids in the car, check air in tires, etc.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 22, 2010