My son has tummy trouble

My poor baby has been having tummy trouble he will poop just a couple of like maybe 4-5 times a week znd than just stop to the point were when he does push he screams cause its as hard as a rock when it comes out. i called 2 different doctors and they both told me to do suppositories and fruit juice..he loves apple juice and can drink the whole bottle in aday. but ive given him t2 of the supositories in 3 weeks.

Sorry if i have been asking to many questions.

Truelv21

Asked by Truelv21 at 11:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Probiotics. Get him on some asap. Not the activia & whatnot that has it in, but a true probiotic.
    Anonymous

• Apple juice can actualy make constipation worse in some kids as i learned with my toddler. He had sever constapation as a baby. try apple prune juice or feeding him baby prunes or if hes big enough try dried prunes. My kid will eat them he thinks they are big raisens lol. Also you can try a stool softner depending on how old your little one is. Pedi lax makes one for 2 to 11yr olds. good luck
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• supositories only help after he gets constipated. I would give him lots and lots of fiber. Depending upon his age, you could buy some at the store or feed a high fiber diet. The probiotics are great hlp for me with my stomach problems, I take the pills. My daughter ate Fiber ONe cereal and took MiraLax.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• He only 2. jaxsmommy09 how often did u give the apple prune juice? and the dried prunes?
    Truelv21

Comment by Truelv21 (original poster) at 12:13 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Go for the all natural formula. Have you thought of prune juice or even prunes? You could also increase the amount of fluid in his diet. If he doesn't get enough water, that can also cause constipation. Also, check on Miralax, I not sure how old you have to be in order to use it, but you can read the back of a bottle. It's supposed to restore the body's natural rhythm.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:35 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I'd try prune juice, not apple juice. And I agree with getting more fiber in his diet
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:46 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I agree with prune juice and more fiber and also doing a probiotic is an awesome idea. Good luck!
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 3:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• thank you everyone
    Truelv21

Comment by Truelv21 (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Probiotic and make sure he's eating food with lots of fiber.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• make sure he is eating brown carbs, bread pasta and rice. be sure to do your best to encourage lots of green foods, broccoli and spinach are great!
    get a good probiotic from a health food store.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2010