would you allow your 17 yr old to go to a midnight showing of paranormal activity with 3 boys and you only know 1 of them

and you trust the one boy you do know....

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 11:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Yes, they are 17 - if you can't trust your child now, you never will.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• well i guess that depends on how much you trust your 17yr old. when i was a 17yr old my parents would have let me but i wasnt out getting in trouble and was always home when asked to be. So you need to use your best judgement on your child. If shes always made good choices then you may have nohting to worry about if shes always getting in trouble you might think twice only you know your child.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I would if she was cought up on homework, it was a weekend, and that she promised to call as soon as the movie ended to tell you she was on her way home.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yeh, she's almost 18. You can't control her forever, and why make her that upset. If you trust her in general, I think you can trust her here.
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 11:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• On a weekend night and with a cellphone in case of emergency, sure.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Well my first reaction was to say no. But I thought she was like.. a young teen. If shes almost 18, I don't see why not.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 12:06 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Is it a school night? Has she lied to you in the past? In general, do you think she is a good person with a heathy sense of right and wrong? My ds is 17 and I trust him with my life, because I know that when it comes down to it... he's very responsible and I truly admire him. His biggest offense?? Once in a while he doesn't clean his whiskers out of his sink after he shaves or put the seat down after he pees.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 12:27 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Then why question her?

Tell her and show her how you feel about her by saying..."I TRUST YOU... I THINK YOU ROCK!! MUAH! ENJOY YOUR MOVIE" !!!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 12:48 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• She is almost 18. I would think a movie isn't that serious. Of course my children are all under the age of 3, so I can't be too objective yet! :) If she isn't home by the specified time, send out a search party. And the boy that you know, do you also have his cell # just in case?
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 1:24 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• yes...i wouldnt even hesitate...this seems totally innocent...its suffocatingly strict parents like your hubby that cause children to become manipulative liars...allowing teens reasonable priveledges like seeing a late movie with friends when they have proven themselves trustworthy and responsible is exactly the kind of thing a parent SHOULD do to continue to encourage good behavior. after all, if a teen is put on lock down regardless of if they behave or not, what is the incentive to behave?!
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 2:41 AM on Oct. 22, 2010