What wrong message do tattoos bring???

some people i read say tattoos bring the wrong message...what message is that???

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 11:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I say it depends on the tatoo. My friend has one of her daughters footprints and the 4 kids names around it. It is beautiful. Then there are some that look disgusting.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I think that all depends on the tattoo. I have two, and they shouldn't bring any "message" to anyone.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:03 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Tattoos are a very personal thing. Someone might look at mine and make an asumption..but I guarantee you they have no clue as to the meaning..and that's okay with me. I got them for me..not anyone else.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:05 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• There is a guy that works at the organic burrito place with a joint tattooed in his arm. Wrong message.

My SILs have matching crosses tattooed on themselves bc they are sisters and they share e a faith together. Pretty sweet message.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:46 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I think people just need something to judge others on. I have four tattoos. A triquetra on my inner left forearm, a tree frog on my right arm, a cross and heart handcuffed together on my right ankle, and a tribal sun with the kanji for husband between my shoulder blades ... each mean something to me. I really don't care if they give the "wrong" impression to anyone else.

Maybe the guy with the joint tattoo has it to remind him of who he used to be and isn't anymore. Like I said, some people just need something to judge others on ...
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• ecodani : Maybe he has MS and the dope is the only painkiller that works, maybe he had cancer and it was the thing that kept him sane and without pain....
    You are the one doing the judging. The tattoo doesn't send out any message, you choose to see something negative in it.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 3:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• it could bring the wrong message the same as an offensive tshirt could. but i think most people just snap to some stupid judgement because its easier to judge a person based on the outside than get to know them.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 7:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• tattoos are going to say something different to every person. i dont belive it is right to judge someone on their tattoos, some of the nicest and most interesting people i have known had quiet a few, i myself have 10. it is a personal form of artistic expression. my daughter loves them and most of the people that i know either love them or ignore them. i understand that in certian situations they are not acceptable. that would be why the magority of people that have them have placed them in places that can be covered. people shoud look at it logically, in 10 years the mass magority of people in every different position thought the world will have at least one. then the questions people are asking may be closer to why dont you have any instead of why would you get tattoos and what do you think it makes others think about you.
    twiztedcandy

Answer by twiztedcandy at 9:05 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• A tattoo only "sends a message" when a person is curious as to what the tattoo stands for! when you start questioning what a tattoo is for, you are just the putting a "message" into the tattoo. Most people get tattoos as reminders for themselves of something they charish, others do it because they like the picture.. tattoos are everlasting images not made to be judged by the naked eye, and to not be pondered by others. If you want to know what message is being sent by the tattooed person, ASK THEM.
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 9:15 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• The message is in the eyes of the receiver I guess. If someone wants to think badly of a person with tattoos they will, no matter what. I don't find tattoos attractive but I don't think they define a person either.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:44 AM on Oct. 22, 2010