Go Dog Go! Spelling errors!?!?!

Who has this book? If you have it, what color is the cover? Is it orange, white, and green? Or is it red, white and blue? Maybe another color?

I grew up reading a orange white and green one. I never noticed spelling errors in that book.

Right now, my son has one that has a red white and blue cover. Now I'm no grammar nazi, or whatever you want to call them. I make my fair share of mistakes. But this book repeats one very blatant mistake over and over.

Instead of saying "good bye" or even "good-bye" as I have often seen it, it says, "good by". WHAT! A book that is trying to teach my child how to read has "good by" in it. Not once, not twice, not even three or four times. But SIX times!

Is anyone else's book like that?

corbysmom531

Asked by corbysmom531 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That is hilarious, I didn't know they made knock-off books. Is it spelled Dr. Seuss or Dr. Suess?
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 9:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Mine says good-bye.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Never used the books. Write to the publisher and point out the mistake, they may not even know about it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Dancinintherain - what color is your cover? I never thought that book came in other colors till this one was given to me. Now I'm wondering if it's an "off market" book. I don't know what to call it. lol
    corbysmom531

Comment by corbysmom531 (original poster) at 12:03 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• never read it but that is funny that its wrong u should write to the publisher about it
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• take a sharpie to it, and write the publisher! ahh! thatd drive me nuts!
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 1:03 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• ugh! That makes me cringe!!!!!! We have a Peter Rabbit book and there is a mistake in there that drives me batty. It's just a typo and not a misspelling, but it still bothers me. It says "He would have gotten away .ltogether...." Where the heck is the a?? Ahhh!
    LovelyMother88

Answer by LovelyMother88 at 1:36 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I'd write the publisher too.

I have an uncle whom I think is a WHIZ as it is, from his hobby of wood working( intricate carvings of people, and buildings...etc ) to his old job being a chemist......he would keep his mind sharp with math books..etc........and he would find several problems wrong in the books with the questions and write the publishers.

Whether or not the companies would re-publish any of them, I don't know but they were glad he let them know of their errors. AND he was right in about 6 books he had had found errors in! Pretty smart man indeed!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:59 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Laura, it's actually by P.D. Eastman. It has the Dr. Seuss cat in the corner with the logo of "I can read it all by myself Beginner Books".
    corbysmom531

Comment by corbysmom531 (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Oh, and I have no idea how you're SUPPOSED to spell Dr. Seuss, but his name doesn't appear on this book at all. Interesting....
    corbysmom531

Comment by corbysmom531 (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2010