How old?

Was ur baby when u got them a flu shot? My son is 8mths, and I was wondering if I should or not..

JaydnsMom22

Asked by JaydnsMom22 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son will be almost 10 months, we havent gotten his yet, he will get his Nov. 10th, but, from what i have read of other people's experience about it their babies havent had a reaction to it yet.
    LadyUsagi

Answer by LadyUsagi at 10:44 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• my son is almsot 11 months and we have an appointment with his doc for a flew shot on the 4th they recomend the baby to be at least 6 months is what his doc said, so i would get it done, if you feel weird about getting it done then just ask your childs doctor..
    mblucky

Answer by mblucky at 10:50 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Mine was just 7 months with hers, she will need to go back for the second half in a few weeks. At a young age doctors (depending on their personal opinion) will usually break the dose out to two shots, 4 weeks apart. No side effects, other than the average crying, sore spot at injection, and slight fever- same as vaccination reactions, if your baby is prone to reactions.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 10:52 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• you have to be 6 months to get a flu shot so i'd say he'd be ok
    maddoxsmommy605

Answer by maddoxsmommy605 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My DS just got his first dose 2 weeks ago. He didn't really have any reactions to it at all. He will go back for the second dose next month.
    ILuvMyBoyz0608

Answer by ILuvMyBoyz0608 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My little guy got his first dose at his 9 month check-up and his second dose just last week. He had no reactions to it at all.
    As for whether you should or should not get it for your son, I would have to say that you need to make that decision with your Dr. or do some research on your own because there are a LOT of conflicting opinions on the subject. I did the research and had the conversations with our dr. and decided to go ahead with the preservative free version of the shots but that doesn't mean that everyone would make that decision given the information I had... it really boils down to a personal choice and I think the best thing any mom can do is make sure that its an informed decision. GOOD LUCK!
    MommytoGRP

Answer by MommytoGRP at 12:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2008