Momma's Boy?

My son who is 11 1/2 months old has become so attached to me. As much as I love it sometimes, it makes it hard to do anything because he wants me constantly, He cries out for me and when he see's me leave the room he freaks out. If he doesnt know im around he's perfectly fine but the moment he see's me its all over with. He wont let his dad hold him or comfort him it has to be me or he will just scream. I don't know what to do to make him realize that as much as mommy loves him I can't be there 24/7 or hold him all day. His dad is also feeling like he doesn't love him because he wont go to him and only wants me. What can I do?!

krisholl2285

Asked by krisholl2285 at 12:29 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Leave the house a little more often and let your husband and son have alone time together. Your son will realize dad is great too after a while. He will be better off for it, more happier, feel more secure. Their are only pluses to the situation
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 1:18 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Maybe block out some time each evening where it is only your hubby and the baby. Then stay away, and hopefully he'll learn to trust his daddy too.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:30 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• You just have a baby...a momma's boy is 40, laying on the couch with no job, living with moma, eating cereal all day.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 12:36 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• You have a normal healthy baby. Nature designed them all to be mom centered. There is nothing wrong with him. They grow to enjoy daddy time as they mature. Use a sling or wrap (you don't have to buy one -- a sheet can be made into one). The more you attend to the need to be held the more willingly they will go to others and the better they do when the do venture away from mommy orbit. The more you fight the natural state the more desperate they cling -- again desgined by nature
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:13 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:27 AM on Oct. 22, 2010