How to get those ABs Back!

I'v had 2 children in the past 2 years so needless to say Im FAT! lol. I want to get my abs back and get into shape. sit ups are not an option for me bc of my scoliosis. Does anybody have and great suggestions or advise. what ha worked for you? Thank you ladies.

JanetElizabeth

Asked by JanetElizabeth at 12:34 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• There are many exercises that you can do for your abs while standing up.  Check out this site.  There are many free workouts on there!  Good luck!

http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/

BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I don't really want to recommend ab exercises for scoliosis, but I do know that losing weight is one of the key ingredients to a flat stomach. On that note, I would recommend running (or a combination of walking and running, whatever you're comfortable with) combined with a healthy diet. Once you get your body fat to a lower level, I was consult your doctor about strength training for your core.

You can also strengthen your abs indirectly through exercises like squats and mountain climbers.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 6:18 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• i have scoliosis , n i do sit ups, how bad is urs?
    Dixiedarlin8107

Answer by Dixiedarlin8107 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Weight loss ...small portions, no fast food, ...and burning calories by walking or weight lifting should do it .
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:44 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• If you have medical problems and want to exercise, I would contact your doctor to find out what you should and shouldn't do to prevent any future injury.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:48 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Ask your DR about yoga and Pilate. There are various levels and methods for all types of people. My mom has MS and there is a Pilate class geared towards her at the local MS Society. My friend was in a car accident and busted her hips. She is able to modified Pilate to help strengthen her core. Your Dr may be able to refer a PT appointment for you to learn more exercises.. Ohh and I LOVE exercise TV... May I also suggest High intensity interval training? aka H.I.I.T.. Google it... I absolutely LOVE it. Good Luck!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:23 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Thank you ladies! And to answer your question "Dixiedarlin8107" Im not sure, I havnt had my back checked ince i was in elementary school, lol. but ive noticed that if I lay on my side and arch my back for a stretch, like i do every morning in bed, my lower back makes a popping sound. and when I do sit ups I hear a clicking sound and my spine kinda hurts when rolling up for the sit up.
    JanetElizabeth

Comment by JanetElizabeth (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Good luck!
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:53 AM on Jan. 11, 2011