What would you do?

My son was born Aug. 2007 and his father and I split up after he was born because I got scared. We were just dating, and he wasn't around much during the pregnancy because we lived in different towns and he worked nights while I worked days. I left for stupid reasons but we have worked through those issues. But during the year we were apart he was casually dating another girl. He told me and her also that he didn't love her but thought of her as just a friend w/b...but she's 6 months pregnant with his baby! We're working everything out to where we can get our life as a couple back on track, but I'm worried about how this will affect our relationship. The new baby is not the problem, but the fact that she is like his best friend and I don't want that to cause problems. I trust him, he's sat us both down and explained everything to the both of us, so no doubts on that end.

JuliaDanielle

Asked by JuliaDanielle at 10:45 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• Sorry for hear that!

And I thought that my husband asking me to accept his good friend(girlfriend) to live with us was the weirds thing.

I guess if you trust him and her and really want to be with him, get some counseling. And do what you feel like in the future you aren't going to regret about.

Good luck! Pray and ask God what to do, he will answer you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i think you should follow you instincts. if it is telling you that things will only end badly, then you need to rethink the situation. but in my opinion, the fact that he sat you both down to discuss everything shows a lot of effort on his part. not a lot of men would do something so uncomfortable lol. but if you trust him and he is worth fighting for then go for it! and i do believe that people can have a sexual relationship that just turns back into friendship. i had a similar experiance once. good luck!
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 11:22 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• No offense, but buy that boy a box of condoms! He needs to be more responsible IMO. If it were me I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with so many complications. I think it would be easier to stay civil as just friends. I know woman feel obligated to make things work with their child's fathers but it's not always best.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:24 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Try to remember if you can not handle it now that she is apart of his life...
    you will not beable to handle it in the future...she is having a baby of his..
    she will always be apart of his life....
    no matter what he said to you....I would not trust him.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• This is just a stab in the dark here but I can about promise that once the baby arrives, she will want him being there for EVERYTHING. She will probably play alot of games. What if he is still seeing her?? How do you know they won't continue this on the sly?? I think it's a bomb waiting to go off and not worth getting close to. .
    Momto5kiddos

Answer by Momto5kiddos at 1:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2008