Help emergancy!!

I have a four year old and a two year old who will be They are really naughty. They will wake up at about 4:30 in the moring and tear up the house by 5:00 a.m. IHave taken their toys, t.v, treats, and outside play away, but they still do it. We only have one story. So the kitchen is the biggest thing they like to takew everything out of the fridge. I have tryed a gate, all gates actually and nothing works. I need help on how to stop them. They keep going all day long, non stop.!Help me please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm not sure if taking away the outdoor play is the best option, my goal would be to make sure I can get them as worn out as I can each day, and work on consistent time out if they act up.

sorry I can't be more help, good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:53 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I don't mean to sound mean or anything but have you tried watching them so they don't do things like that? And 2 yo won't understand long term consequences like if you misbehave, no tv all day. The connection isn't made. Try to keep them distracted. The 4 yo is old enough to help you with breakfast or something.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 1:04 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I don't know if this is a bad answer, but what my mother used to do when she couldn't keep an eye on her kids when they were sleeping or not was: If the kid's room has a door across the way and if the door opens inward, tie some kind of string or a sheet to keep them in...
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 1:14 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• There are a few choices you can try. Questions: 1)what time do you put them in bed? 2)what time is their last meal? 3)When do you stop giving them water? A child's stomach is small which is why either they are hungry or need to go potty. And I'm willing to bet that the four year old is waking up the two year old. Are they in the same room? Oh, is the room dark or windows? Maybe covering them with big trash bag to keep it dark. then remove in daytime. They need things to do. Make their room a activity room or create a room to do that in. Even having a few toys, better than none. Think how u r with nothing to do. Also, put a lock on the fridge. It kept us out. Another possibility is they have a chemical imbalance. You may want to get them checked out by their Dr. to see if all is well. Getting them wore out makes a difference. Take them swimming, to a High School track to run, to the park, play tag, kick the ball.Hope it helps
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 2:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• You just need to get up with them so they wont get in to trouble. If you have taken the monitor out of the room, put it back in there. That being said, they need a consistant bed time and wake up time, and a consistent consiquence for what happens if they get out of the bed too early. Taking away outside time would not be a good idea. Kids need to be active. (it will also help them sleep!) My advice would be to put two gates at their door so they can't climb over. Some kids are just early risers, and that may be the case with yours. Just get up with them and they wont be able to get in to trouble.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 2:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Well see I have tryed gates and my two year old wakes up my 4 year old. They have a set bed time 8:30 it doesn't matter what time they go to bed anyways. As far as outside time they get it everyday.
    Cmarie328

Answer by Cmarie328 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2010