If your husband after 5 years walk out on you and your kids what would u do?

I need help and i am really hurting. anyone i could talk to would be great.

lovejesusalways

Asked by lovejesusalways at 12:47 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• If it was me I would start applying for assistance right away. TANF would be a good place to start along with child support. He can walk out but he better know it's not going to make him home free.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:54 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• go apply for welfare ...they will get him paying child support so fats his head will spin...once your getting that get off of welfare and move on with a divorce and then seek therapy and live your life as best as you can
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:55 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• thank you.. it just hurts so bad.. i have so much hurt and anger in me bc of him but staying strong for my kids
    lovejesusalways

Comment by lovejesusalways (original poster) at 12:56 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• thank you wherethewayout. it just really hard
    lovejesusalways

• You have every right to be hurt and angry. Just remember your kids may be hurt and angry to. I would consider family therapy to help everyone cope.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I was very angry at the end of my first marriage and therapy helped alot and also I read this book by Donald Trumps first wife...they had been married 25 yrs and he walked out on her...marriage is supposed to be forever and when it ends it is devastating but you will make it through...BTW the book is called" the art of divorce" by Ivana Trump
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:44 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• thanks everyone
    lovejesusalways

Comment by lovejesusalways (original poster) at 2:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• First thing is go apply for child support, then get a job. Of course he wouldn't do that though, hes too much of a nice guy, plus his mom wuld kick his ass if he left us high and dry.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 8:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I would make a list of things that I need to get done for the sake of my children and start doing them one at a time.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 9:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2010