I don't have money for professional pictures right now do any of you have any ideas on how to make a homemade photo shoot?

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Do you have a picture me portrait studio around your area? They are located in walmart alot. They have a deal. Its 7.99 and you get like 30 pics.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:51 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• How old are your kids? Outside pics would probably be the easiest to make look professional. I use picnik to edit mine, just the free stuff. I like to do my baby's pics rather then pay for them.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I only did this once...lol I had picked some pretty roses from my rose bush and stuck them in a vase (clear curvy vase) hung a reddish sheet for the background oh the roses were pink and then I sat them on a small stool I have for my kids then I dimmed the lights and took a picture and then some more they came out so pretty I was happy with it. you try it who knows you just might be more creative. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:53 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• For Halloween, I've been watching stores for good fall or Halloween displays and I'll snap his pic there, lol.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:54 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• hang a solid dark colored sheet over a door and dress them in a contrasting color...maybe even use an age appropriate prop like a small wagon, rocking horse, or doll stroller...have them play, act silly, and do some posed shots...just take TONS of pics and you should get several good ones...buy some cheap editing software or use some free sites to edit them...i always love the black and white shots with one color added back in.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 1:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Take pics outside on an overcast day! Make sure the background is just a tree, brick or even a rundown house. Just be creative. I have a nice camera but don't know how to use it(I'm working on this) but all of my pictures have come out really good. I get compliments on them all the time. Close-ups always come out nice.
    You can also use very simple and free editing software, like Picasso.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:41 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Outside is easiest to make look professional.  I've taken some awesome outdoor pics of my kids posing and just using my camcorder's still picture option (which was like 1.3 megapixels or something, nothing like the cameras they have now a days).  Simce my camcorder didn't have a flash I learned a lot about using the natural light that was available.  I now have a nice digital SLR camera but refuse to use the flash on it and try for natural light.

You could find a big open field and snap away (like the PP said, overcast is usually better) or a nice tree with nothing in the background for distraction.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:19 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Use a tripod for the camera, unless you WANT to end up looking blurry. Photograph against a plain, light-colored wall in your house. Or in a natural setting (there's a beautiful water feature at the local cemetary, here, that a lot of people use for posed photos). Wear single-colored outfits, no stripes or prints (your flower-print dress is very pretty but the pattern will be too busy in a portrait, especially if your hubby is wearing his favorite striped shirt!! Talk about clashing!!). These tips courtesy of Lasting Images Portrait Studio (owned and run by my friends).
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Usually when I want my pics to look professional I cover the furniture we're sitting on with a nice solid sheet to create a nice background. You can also add plants, toys, teddy bears, flowers.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 12:42 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Look for a good background or create one and be aware of lighting - sometimes early morning or early evening lighting is the most flattering to your photo subjects.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2010