Ways to battle sahm syndrome?

(If there is such a thing, lol!) If so, I've got it bad. Our schedule is all out of whack, I spent most of today thinking it was SATURDAY, and sice we're too broke to go anywhere I don't dress up at all. I've got tons of stuff to do here, but I'm lacking in motivation big time! Hubby is going backto college next fall, so that's out of the question... any advice??? Worrying my mental health is slightly suffering, honestly.

PadmeJonez

Asked by PadmeJonez at 12:55 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Do you have a park nearby you can take the kids? If all you do is get out once a day, it helps. I've been doing that lately. I don't always fix myself up, but I do get dressed. Since I've started doing this, I've started meeting other stay-at-home moms, and it's been really fun! GL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:05 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yea, explore your town. Take kids to a park, the library, the mall, go for a walk, anything to get out of the house. And it doesn't cost anything except maybe a little gas to get there. I know what you mean, I'm a SAHM too and I go a little crazy sometimes...
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 1:09 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Thanks! But no park... unfortunately. Wish there was a way to meet more moms with kids the same age as my youngest tho, that's a thought!
    PadmeJonez

Comment by PadmeJonez (original poster) at 1:10 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I feel the same way. Both my husband and I are in college right now with 2 kids so we are constantly on the go. I have days where all I do is feed the kids, change the kids and wash dishes and when I go to bed at night there are still dishes to be done and it looks like i haven't lifted a finger all day. i feel like a hampster in a wheel.... luckily I am currently able to afford to put our oldest in a local mother's day out program 2 days a week so i get a little bit of a break. but i've always worked from age 16 until my second child was born so i kinda feel lost. i don't have alot of close friends & im always at home with the kids... i really don't know what to say to help, i could use some myself.. i lack in motivation big time, i wake up daily saying ok today is going to be the day i do.... and nothing gets done... good luck to you!
    Bella3113

Answer by Bella3113 at 1:11 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• What about local church groups and things like that? You can meet a lot of really nice young people with children there! Plus, a lot of churches do volunteer work, have get togethers, bible studies and programs for children. I would look into it. Not to mention, free. :D
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 6:22 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• try meetup.com to meet more moms! also i find that when i workout and sweat and then shower i'm more likely to be motivated for the rest of the day to keep the momentum.
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 1:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• try meetup.com
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• MeetUp.com is a great way to meet other moms in your area.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:42 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Try the Mommies Network.   http://www.themommiesnetwork.org

They may have a local group near you.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:55 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• You sound a bit depressed, maybe seeing a therapist would help?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:10 AM on Nov. 3, 2010