Is it best not to tell a pregnant friend you miscarried?

I have a few friends and a relative who are expecting and i dont know, but thought perhaps i should keep it to myself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you need the support of your friends, go ahead and tell them. They would want to be there for you.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 1:00 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• This is the first time I've heard this question. Usually its the other way around. Not wanting to tell a friend youre pregnant when they had miscarried. I would tell them, because you need support. But let them know EXACTLY how you feel about it. Like, if you feel like them talking about their pregnancy will make you feel better and distract you, tell them that. But if you feel the opposite, tell them youd just rather they not talk about it to you for a couple of weeks, that you understand its important to them but its hard on you. No one is going to understand what you are going through more than other mothers, if they have miscarried or not.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 1:01 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• If they ask, tell them. There's a lot of factors involved, so I couldn't tell you exactly, but if it were me I might not volunteer the info. When I was preggo, I had a friend who miscarried. I remember feeling so sad for her, and so unworthy, wondering why I had a healthy pregnancy and she lost hers. Of course, there's no answer. But I just wrong to her from my heart, shared my sorrow, and told her how it had made me not take my healthy pregnancy for granted.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:04 AM on Oct. 22, 2010