why do man get mad if the woman income is more then his???

i applied for a GREAT job and i got my info and all i need is to sign my contract and i will be making GOOD money now my husband is acting all depressed...he should be happy...right???

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 12:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• mind you i never needed him i have been always independent never ask him for money or anything like that...
    iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 12:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Wish I could help you on this one but my DH could care less. As long as the bills get paid and we can enjoy life he could care less who makes more. BTW, I make 10K more then he does.
    kittymom

Answer by kittymom at 1:00 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Actually, I think it's healthy. Men like to feel like they are the ones bearing the heaviest burden of supporting their family. If you let your husband know you don't need him, that could be depressing. I think most healthy guys want their wives to be able to depend on them. I worry more about men who want to be with women who make more.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Financially speaking, I completely depend on my husband because I'm a stay at home mom. He would be thrilled if I made more money than him. However, some men see it as an insult-they feel as though they should be providing for their family. Congrats on your new job!!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:03 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• "I think most healthy guys want their wives to be able to depend on them. I worry more about men who want to be with women who make more. "

I don't get this? Are you saying that my DH is "unhealthy" because he could care less who makes more money? Both of us are dependent on each other but at the same time we can both stand on our own two feet and be independent. I had a SAHM who did everything around the house and controlled the money. When my mom died 2 years before my dad, he was lost, he could not even pay the utility bill cause he never had to.

My DH works construction and his pay varies and in the winter it is almost non-existant. He has told me many times, that God forbid he gets hurt on the job or even killed, he wants peace of mind that his family will survive and continue on and not be panicked as to what to do now. KWIM?
    kittymom

Answer by kittymom at 1:08 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

I think she is talking about men who sit on their asses and have the women doing all the work-these men want a "sugar momma"
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:17 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• OH ok now that makes better sense. I honestly never met a guy like that but I know at least 3 women who are like that and one of them is my SIL :-)
    kittymom

Answer by kittymom at 1:20 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I dunno, mine has always preferred that I make more.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:28 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yeah I think SOME men have copied these brilliant women. J/K:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:34 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Take the job and don't worry about what he thinks - with all his "issues", it sounds like you need to be putting away a good chunk of this money for your own use later on anyway !!! That is probably what he is worried about - maybe it will make him wake up, stop whining, and treat you better (probably not, but we can only hope !).
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 4:39 AM on Oct. 22, 2010