Scared when the time for sleep comes!

I was wanting to get some input on a PROBLEM I have! It seems rediculous and I don't understand why I am doing it. I have alot of anxiety or fear when it comes to going to sleep. I am 24 and this just started about a week ago. I have my husband right beside me in the bed sleeping but I feel so SCARED (to the point of trembling) and tense I can never just go to sleep in peace. I feel as if I'm scared of something. Even when my 7 month old wakes up at night I'm nervous waking up and going in his room alone. I have not had anything horrible happen to me to make me scared or anything. I don't watch horror movies. I don't understand why I am feeling this way all the time especially at night. Is there something that would help me go to sleep(not like ambien because I sleep ok once I get there)? My husband is going off for two weeks in a few days for military deployment training and I'm so nervous about it! Please help.

ashley_2187

Asked by ashley_2187 at 1:29 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Health

• Your husband leaving could be part of the problem. Have you ever tried Melatonin? It's all natural, what your body produces to make you sleep..... it won't help your fear, but might help you go to sleep easier.
    Robsessed98

Answer by Robsessed98 at 1:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Ambian
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 1:53 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Sounds like you are having a lot of stress. I'd say a good sleep aid to put you back on track, but your husband is getting ready to leave for a few weeks and you have a baby to take care of by yourself. Definitely seek some sort of help before he truly deploys so you can learn techniques and ways to deal with the stress of deployment. I've been where you are before and I dread when I have to go back to it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:06 AM on Oct. 22, 2010