i lost my baby and i now want another baby, alothough im not with the father of my first child, and ym boyfriend now is younger then me i wanna tell him i want a baby im only 17 and i know it sounds crazy but i really feel liek this is what i need.How should i do this?

i lost my baby boy Jordan James, March 16th of this year.
im not with the father (who is now a father to another baby boy with another woman)
but i am with a wonderful Guy. Who i love and will be a great great father someday but i dont kno how to tell him i want to have a baby. Or if i SHOULD even tell him???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think you should leave it at "some day" for now. You're still really young. Get yourself a good job and an education before you have the baby so you can provide for it. Once you have a baby, going to school is much harder than you think.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:28 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• PLEASE WAIT!!! a baby is a ;ot of responsibility live your life have fun you dont know if daddy will stay i thought mine would but i was wrong its hard to be a mother let alone a single mother
    beck241

Answer by beck241 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Honey don't rush things if you lost your baby maybe it wasn't meant to be i know it's hard. but never want a baby just to fill an empty space your feeling. babies are for 21 yrs and are alot of work i had my daughter at 18 so i know what im saying.... good luck..
    smiley_36

Answer by smiley_36 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• you said your only 17 and ur bf is younger than you.. so how old is he? if thats what you want and you can take care of it go for it :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:35 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• u say ur only 17 and hes younger then u that might not be a good idea...i mean i can understand how u would want another baby because ur first baby didn't make it...but sweetheart everything happens for a reason maybe god was giving u anothe rchance to finish school and show u that right now may not be the best time for u to have children. its hard and its gonna be really hard for ur new boyfriend to understand that this is what u need and want..what if he walks away....and u love him...give it time..let him finish school if u want a good life for ur children u need to finish school and get a good job and a place to live for the 3 of u...my guess is at 17 and younger u don't have any of that yet...right...
    young_mom1988

Answer by young_mom1988 at 7:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I think that you should wait till your older this might sound hypocritical seeing as how im only 18 and just turned it and am 8 months pregnant but i also graduated high school i start college in january i have a good job in a nursing home and i have my own place with the father of the baby which will soon be my husband and although i am extremely happy for this baby and to get married i also am going to have to scarafice alot my youth is gone and ill never get to experience all the things every other 18 year old should and though i do not regret having this baby and getting married so young in any way shape or form i did not plan this and i wish things would have slowed down but this is the hand i am delt so now i will make the best of everything but good luck and i hope you make the right decision.
    srhbomber

Answer by srhbomber at 7:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• i think you should not have another baby until you have some therapy. why? well, my mom lost a baby at 18. he was stillborn. along i came, less than three years later. thing is, i think, once she found that i could not fill the hole he left, she couldn't deal with me and that hole. so along comes my sister. still not filling it. you need to learn how to deal wiht the loss of your son before you have another baby. it sound like you want anohter one to ease the hurt of losing him and that is not fair to either of them. your baby deserves to be mourned and the new baby would deserve to be loved for himself or herself. i don't say this to hurt you, dear, but to share what i went through. its hard, really hard, growing up knowing your mother doesn't or can't care about you as much as she does a child you never even met. please get some therapy or something and develop some healthy coping skills. then,once you do that, think about another baby.
    jo
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Please wait! You're so young. It's very hard taking care of a baby. I'm 26 and it;s hard for me, i couldn't imagine doing is at such a young age. You're still greeving from the first one so that may be why you're feeling like you want another one. You should talk with a counselor about these feelings. They can help you to figure out how to deal with them. If you do decide this is what you want you should definitely tell him. Don't get pregnant with out his knowledge. That would be very wrong to do to him.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 11:00 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• i understand completely! i lost my baby girl december of o6 and i know have twins and a baby on the way with a 17 year old and i am 19! so i would say that you should deffinetly try for another baby i am very happy that i did!
    best wishes:)
    singlemommie3

Answer by singlemommie3 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Your still young with a life ahead of you...slow down and enjoy life before you begin having children and end up regretting the decisions you have made.

You've stated that your current bf is younger than you so how do you expect him to help you emotionally and financially with this child you want? See the problem that I have with your post is the fact that you want to bring a child into a situation where neither of the parents are equipped to take care of a child. It is selfish of you to want to bring a child into this world without being able to give this child a great beginning.

Have you read other post where moms are struggling to make ends meet because they haven't finished high school and are barely making it? Have you read post where the father of thier child has left and the moms are left to raise a child on her own? Are you financially set to take care of a child?
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 2:26 PM on Jul. 5, 2008