What is back labor?

I was told by my mom today that Im experineceing back labor and I dont know exactly what that means as far if real labor is starting soon or what...anybody know?

randiedwards87

Asked by randiedwards87 at 10:53 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I dont know if real labor like belly contractions will start soon, but I had all my labor in my back. Its very painful and uncomfortable, its were your back muscles contract instead of the belly. I would keep walking and wait for the water to break. good luck
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 11:08 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I've been told that back labor feels like the worst lower back pain you've ever had in your entire life. My mom told me it happened to her when she was pregnant with my brother because his face was facing up instead of down...or something like that. Anyway, she said she only dealt with back labor and never had any real "normal" contractions.

It would probably be best to call your doctor and describe EXACTLY what you're feeling. They'll know if it's true back labor or real labor. If your water breaks or the other kind of contractions start, you should go to the hospital. Good luck!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:20 AM on Oct. 29, 2008