Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could you sue if your doctor says they are giving your baby one type of shot, but give them a different one instead?

I told my peditrition "no combo shots. Shots only one at a time"
After literally arguing with me, and telling my husband and I "YOU ARE HORRIBLE PARENTS" our peditrition agreed with our vaccination schedule. Heres the problem. Once we caught them disobeying our request. We said no DTaP shot, order them singularly or none at all. They threw a fit, then said they would just give her a flu shot instead. I signed, they gave my daughter the shot and sent us home with "symptoms to watch out for" While reading I noticed it says "Your child has been given the DTaP shot"

We didnt go back. Well, our new peditrition showed me my daughters vaccination schedule... Turns out she was given 3 DTaP shots. The only way thats possible is if her first peditrition lied to me, said it was one thing, and gave her the DTaP shots anyways.. Is there a way I can prove it? Is it even possible to sue?


Asked by stenhouse_baby at 1:49 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Health

Level 15 (2,255 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • you can sue becausse you didnt want it done an they knew an they still didnt anyways..

    Answer by garcia-fam at 2:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

  • Why sue? It's already been done. If you sue you will just stay angry. JMO.

    Answer by theutilitarian at 2:14 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

  • Did you read what you signed? Did you sign something each time and CAREFULLY read it? If you just took their word for the fact you signed for one thing, but it really said another, I don't think there's much you can do.


    Answer by LostTheSlipper at 2:03 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

  • If you signed permission for the shot then you can't sue. If you didn't sign for it then I'd say yes you have a right to sue.

    Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:04 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

  • Thats a good point. I didnt carefully read the form. Also, I wouldnt sue for money. I would only want to bring it to the publics attention that this doctor in particular was doing things his own way.

    Comment by stenhouse_baby (original poster) at 3:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2010