A Halloween Birthday?

What if your child was born on Halloween? Would you do Halloween themed parties every year or not? (My son's 5th birthday will be this Halloween.)

PadmeJonez

Asked by PadmeJonez at 1:51 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• He's 5 - old enough to have an opinion. Ask him what he wants.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 2:05 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• YES! Halloween is the best holiday EVER and birthdays are not bad eiither! How fun plus you kill two birds with one stone a halloween party and a bday party. Wish my bday was on Halloween!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:07 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My brother was born on the 30th and my parents let him pick the theme every year. Most years he did pick a Halloween theme but he still had the option to choose for himself when he was old enough.
    ValerieRNmom

Answer by ValerieRNmom at 3:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• He can answer. Plus, i'd seperate it.
    A birthday party... and a haloween party. A haloween party is for everyone to celebrate, a nd i think that birthdays should be about hte individual child involved, their special day, where they are important and to be celebrated. Do something on the weekend for haloween, and a special birthday day that's different.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 6:14 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have 2 cousins, brother and sister, both had Halloween babies and every year it is a big Halloween themed party
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 8:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My son's birthday is in October and we do not do a Halloween theme each year, as tempting as that is. This year we are having his party the day before Halloween at Chuck E Cheese's. We invited parents to have their children wear their Halloween costumes if their child would like to. This is the first time we have done that. I won't make it a habit. The only reason is in my town people are trick or treating on Saturday and not on Sunday. Since they will be wearing their costumes anyways a few hours later....why not for the entire day? It just worked out that way. I asked my son about this last year and he was not really fond of the idea of every year sharing his birthday with Halloween themes. He deserves, in my opinion, his special day that is just for him. Special because it is his day, not because it also has another meaning.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:10 AM on Oct. 22, 2010