My 7 month old Daughter wont do anything with out crying.

she can be the happiest baby when i am sitting right next to her. but its hard to sit next to her and get anything done. not wet, dirty, hungry or tired. i cant be 3 feet away i have to be within arms reach. This is my first child and im at a loss, i have no idea what to do for her. she acts like she is just irritated or something but not in pain. Help me please

Alexismommy23

Asked by Alexismommy23 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could be teething, I also read this age is when they start getting mommy anxiety- they want you near at all times. My daughter is 7 months as well, and does the same thing, depending on her mood. Sometimes like this morning, she doesnt even want her daddy- she'll cry and cry if she sees me and he's holding her. It gets better.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 11:11 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• my dd is the same way! if i want to get anything done, i just have to let her cry! sounds cruel, but what am i supposed to do? she's 5 mths.old by the way. i'm a sahm and i think that has something to do with it. she's with me 24/7. i'm at a loss! i would try one of those slings but she weighs 20 lbs. i don't think my back can handle carrying that weight all day long!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 11:13 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Ya know i have thought it was teething now for 3 months. she has big red bumps where her 4 eye teeh should be but ive heard her screa in pain and i just dont think this is it its just hey im irritated cry
    Alexismommy23

Answer by Alexismommy23 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Does she pull at her ears, does she eat well?
    My daughter was the same way but she couldn't really hear, she was waking up with RATS NEST, and always crying over stupid things.
    So, I took her to a ear specialist and of course they wanted to do tubes. I said NO, I will try some natural remedies first.
    The first thing I did was find a peditrician chiropractor. And then I had some neck and head massages done on here. WOW, no more rats nest, she got into her babies and toys, and she was the happiest little girl ever. Now when her neck gets out her pressure builds up in her ears, I take her back for her montly adjustment and she is better within 1 day. AMAZING!!!! And I HIGHLY recommend it.
    Good Luck
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 11:19 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• no shes healthy. happy otherwise but i have to be right there so she can do her own thing and occasionaly look at me and try to smack my legs
    Alexismommy23

Answer by Alexismommy23 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• It's probably just separation anxiety. It will get better with time. Good Luck! :)
    ILuvMyBoyz0608

Answer by ILuvMyBoyz0608 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• being a stay at home is hard, you slowly have to break that dependance. try putting a few feet inbetween you 2 for a few days, and each time she wants to sit reall close just move a little bit away. and increase the space every few days or so. Try to make it a game and show her that you are not going away and if she can not see you that you will be back.

Try hiding under a blanket and talking to her. letting her know that you are there, but she can't see you. I started this when my son started crying as soon as he couldn't see me. Now it is not a problem when i leave the room.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 11:45 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Mine has two bumps where her bottom teeth should be too. Do you have one of those exersaucer things? Maybe she needs more independent-play type toys. :)
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 12:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2008