Possible Miscarraige?

I tested recently and found out I was pregnant. The same day I started cramping and bleeding pretty heavily. I went to the ER and they gave and ultrasound but could not see anything, But told me to come back 2 days later. When I went back my doctor called and said my levels were still going up but just not doubling. But everything was fine. I got the records from my second visit and the technition saw a gestational sac but noted that it was irregular. He saw a Yolk sac but no fetal pole. i was measuring 5 weeks 3 days. His prognosis was Fetal Demise.
I know an irregular sac has a high rate of miscarraige... How long does it ususally take? I am confused. Has anyone been through anything similar?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I know when I was pregnant with my first....I found out in Aug and in Oct....I started cramping really bad..went to the bathroom and blood poured out of me. I wiped to find a long string of something(I believe the baby in the sac)...then I felt a urge to push and I believe it was the placenta coming out(it was hard and looked like chopped hamburger). I went to the ER, they cathered me, did an xray and saw nothing in me and had to do a DnC. If I were you I wouldn't wait for anything....you need to see your doctor to have it taken care of so you don't infections or anything. Sorry about your baby....I hope you will be ok.
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 11:13 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I don't know... doctors could be wrong. If you haven't bleed yet then I wouldn't get a D&C done! There was a Mom on here that they told her she was going to miscary or that she already had and she didnt. So wait it out,. let nature take its course. You wont get an infection if you haven't even had the miscarriage yet
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2008