Are you strict with your thermostat setting?

Do you have a certain number for winter and summer? We leave it at 68 in winter and 70 for summer. And if we are going to be gone several hours we turn it off completely.

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 2:48 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We are pretty strict as well and also keep ours btwn 68 and 70 depending on the season.
    ValerieRNmom

Answer by ValerieRNmom at 2:56 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• yes I like a warm house somewhere between 73 and 76
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 3:28 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I only have my furnace to run (heat only no AC ) so in the Winter it is set for
    68 and if you are cold put on an extra something to wear...We live in rural MI
    so it does get pretty cold...
    In the Summer the furnace is shut off all together ....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:10 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• We aren't too strict with it but we do stay within a certain range in summer with the AC 70-72 and in winter with the heat 69-71. It depends on which unit as well since we have an upstairs and downstairs.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 9:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I get cold easily and I don't want to have to wear a coat in my own home. In the summer I keep it around 78 and in the winter between 73-76. If I feel cold I will turn it up more for a short amount of time. That is one reason I work -- to be able to be comfortable.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 10:05 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• When we lived in an apartment in PA we kept the thermostat at 60 in the winter.  We couldn't afford to raise it any higher.  And let me tell you--60F is COLD in the middle of winter.  We constantly had numb fingers and toes, wore several layers in the house including hats and sometimes our coats.  But we couldn't afford the $400 bill that we got when we turned it up to just 65F during the day.

Now we live in WA and have electic space heaters in the bedrooms and living rooms.  We've only recently had to start using them and I keep them set at 55F, just to take the chill off in the morning (if they kick on at all).  The highest I turned them was 60 because we were sick and everyone felt cold but once it warmed up I turned them back down.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:25 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• We also are not too strict with the setting, but have a range as well. We are in a new house this year, so not sure how this will work. The good part is that we have 2 thermostats - 1 on each side of the house (it used to be split into 2 rental units, but we put it back together as one whole house when we bought it). Husband has one side and he likes it warmer than my daughter and I do, and we have the other side. She likes it warmer than I do, but since she is upstairs and heat rises and I am downstairs and I generally like it cooler, it all should work out. We do have extra little room heaters to vary the temp a little if e feel the need to do so. Not sure how next summer will work, since we were used to having window A/C and now have central air, but hopefully again being on different floors that work with out heat/cooling preferences should work out well !!
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 11:32 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I hate being hot. In the winter we keep it at around 68 and in the summer I swelter with it at 76.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:53 PM on Oct. 23, 2010