Going crazy with neighbors' dog!

Okay so the neighbors have a dog that is very loud and constant with it's barking. I am an animal lover but I am not a noise lover, especially at all hours of the night with 2 little ones and a dh that gets up at 5 am for work. They actually have several dogs and its like a different dog every night barking constantly. I think the dogs take turns. What to do? I don't want to be a nag and I would never call the pound but its totally unfair to have to hear this every night!!!

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 3:11 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Wait until late at night and then call the police, it breaks noise laws. You can be an animal lover and still call the pound...I did. THis lady tied her dog out, no food, shelter, water and let it bark its brains out morning noon and night. Fleas, flies, no shots, totally neglected. It would get loose and walk up on our porch and bark. I called the pound and they came and took her away. I think I did the dog a favor. No do deserves to be treated like that.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:34 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• call your local police department and ask what can be done about it
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 3:23 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I run a fan in my bedroom so I don't hear outside noises - I've done this for as long as I can remember and have gotten to the point that I can't sleep without running !! It drowns out my own dogs barking in the basement, so it should be good for the neighbor's dogs. I did it for my daughter from the time she was an infant also - she never heard anything outside of the constant hum of the fan - she still likes to have one running herself (she is 19 now). It might take a little to get used to, but it is much better than a barking dog or any other random noises for that matter, and certainly much better than having to deal with getting your neighbor to control their dogs' barking !!
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My grandparents had this issue, they hate dogs and the barking went from dark to dawn...it was ALL night and it sounded like a beagle...IDK but she called the police almost 4 times a week over the noise and they finally got it to stop. It does break noise laws/restrictions. You have the right to peaceful sleep....soo if I were you I would report it until it stops! I love dogs...well kinda...but i refuse to have my life interrupted by animals that are not my own!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2010