Should I Force her to move Or Allow her to stay?

My daughter is 17 and wants to graduate here(Florida) with her friends but my husband and I have decided to move to be closer to a sick family member(Louisiana),my mom lives here and has said she can stay here with her and graduate,she will be 18 in Feb.Would I ruin her life to move her away?Should I let her stay and feel like I have abandoned her?Help Please

JenniLynn77

Asked by JenniLynn77 at 3:23 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Let her stay but say that she MUST keep her grades up
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 3:24 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• If she's already started her senior year and you trust your mother to raise her the same as you would then I would go for it. Who knows it may make your relationship better and she'll want to go to college or move to be closer to you guys after graduation.

JessWulf84

Answer by JessWulf84 at 3:34 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• her stay
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 8:01 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• She's up to October of her Senior year - let her stay.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:55 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• She's a senior and going to graduate this year I would let her stay.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Actually, it's up to you....I don't think her life will be ruined if she moves with you, nor is it a bad thing to let her stay with your mom and graduate....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Since she will have somewhere to stay and if you and her relationship is close and you trust her then I would let her stay...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 5:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• honestly? id say let her stay. she is so close to graduating. i had to move so many times during school and it sucked. its hard making new friends.
    ear92

Answer by ear92 at 6:29 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Honestly I would not make my teen move, senior year is the most important year of all. I just wouldn't feel right forcing her to move. If you can trust the grandparents let her stay if that is what she chooses. But definitely she would need to keep in touch with us weekly!
    iluv2meow

Answer by iluv2meow at 1:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• AS much as it would break my heart to leave my child behind, I'd let her stay. It's her senior year. You will still be able to talk with her on the computer (i'm assuming) and on the phone, and I'm pretty sure grades can be sent to you. She can visit you for Christmas and maybe Spring Break. Good luck, mama.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:26 PM on Oct. 24, 2010