How strict are you with your kids?

Just a curious question. :)

fluppyducky

Asked by fluppyducky at 3:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would say that I am pretty strict, there is some room for flexibility & whatnot, but not a whole lot. I give her enough rope to feel some independence, but not enough to hang herself with. She is only 3 but I plan to continue this line of parenting. Most would probably consider my methods to be too strict.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 3:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• It depends! I demand respect from my 12yo but I also understand that being a pre-teen/teen is stressful with all the changes going on inside of him. There are certain things I will not give on and they are grades, behavior and household responsibilities. I make this clear and he usually does well.
    ValerieRNmom

Answer by ValerieRNmom at 3:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I'm strict about just about everything but its in a loving way. My kids are well behaved, happy, well-rounded, smart, GOOD kids too. The biggest thing I'm strict on is safety. I am not so strict though that my kids are sheltered and can't do things for themselves or have fun. I don't get all anal about making them use the proper salad or dinner fork at the table lol or make them call every passsing adult Mr. or Ms. Ds calls his teacher Ms. and that's it.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I think i am more the strict one and my hubby not so much, My hubby and I have a 2 DD and him and i keep her and teach her the respect and she has to say please and thank you & whatnot. For me with my 13 yrs SS i am the strict one with him I know what the hell i was doing at 13 so i keep a tight rope on him and he has very little room to get away with anything. I believe that he can help around the home before anything else except for school, he has to have all homework done checked over and reveiwed with one of us before he can go anywhere or get on the stupid facebook crap, his page gets reveiwed 2-3x a week. Everyone he hangs with i have to meet the child and if wants to go over then i have to meet the parent/s and have a # and address, my hubby likes how i have a tight rope on that but when push comes to shove he is a push over and then i have to step in and be the BITCH STEP-MOM. Children need RULES. they want them..
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Well, it depends on the offense. I'm very strict on punctuality, cleanliness and manners.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 4:01 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• When my first 3 were growing up I was more strict/firm with them then I am with this last one....
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 7:56 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• very firm! hey must aintain their space, they mustkeep all toys upstairs, they must ask for snacks, and drinks, they must get good grades, no talking back, no hittingfighting, no cursing, They have to say please nad thatnk you, and there are so many more! If bed tim is not followed correctly, they will have their Tv's removed, and go to bed at 6 PM the next day! I feel that with soon to be 5 kds on the way, we need to kee tem on a strict shedual they can undestand
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• More firm than most...which is not hard these days. Kids today are out of control and it gets worse every year.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:17 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• im strict with my sisters kids my son is only 7 months but i feel they need a little structure and guidance , im not mean i just want them to heve good manners and grow up to be decent ppl
    kimmi85035

Answer by kimmi85035 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 23, 2010