What do u do with gifts u have no use for?

My mother and MIL give us stuff... lots of stuff! I love that they think of us when they see things and want to get it for us but 1) we don't have much space (we downsized from a lg. 4 bdrm house with a basement and an attic to a condo with 3 bdrms no basement or attic); and 2) some of it just isn't our taste. Hubby keeps everything and will occasional put things out when they come to visit. I on the other hand either re-gift or donate the things that have little sentimental attachment for me.
So what do you do with gifts ur not particularly a fan of?

ValerieRNmom

Asked by ValerieRNmom at 3:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We make it a habit to set aside about half of the gifts for the needy. I donate it once a year to our toy/gift drive at work. This year I have quite a pile of toys from the girls' birthday parties. They go into the party KNOWING they will have to choose some things to keep and some things to give away later. I add anything I receive and can't use (I am all-natural, and often receive gifts like candles and body lotions I can't use).

I am still appreciative of the gifts we get because they give us the valuable opportunity to teach giving and empathy to our children. I would not have this opportunity without the gifts.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 6:43 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• donate to needy families
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 3:34 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Give them away or sell them. Better off someone enjoying them.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:34 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I know I'm going to sound like a cheapskate but I just write the name of the person who gave it to me on a post it and put it in my cupboard and give it to someone else as a gift. Normally they go to my collegues who you don't know that well but you're obligated to buy them a X-mas/birthday gift. With the economy being the way it is, we have to cut corners where we can
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 4:16 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I donate or re-gift. I have even put items in yard sales... not being mean, but
    If I can't use it, I know someone just might be able too...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:07 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• If I can return it, I do so and put the $ into my kids savings accounts. I've sold their stuff on Ebay. I have re-gifted once or twice. Most times, I end up donating the stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I usually donate.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:29 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Give them to Good Will or other needy programs. A gift that keeps giving is a gift that is being used.
    Glo402

Answer by Glo402 at 8:48 AM on Oct. 22, 2010