Would you do this?

My son has passed away and we were going to carve him a pumpkin and go and put it on his grave next weekend for Halloween. My daughter is going to be born on Tuesday the 26th via c section. The plan is to carve his pumpkin and her pumpkin and then my mom and dad are going to take my fiance, me and our daughter to our sons grave and we are going to put the pumpkin there. My son would have been 14 months this month and it would have been his first real Halloween.

lovebunny82709

Asked by lovebunny82709 at 3:48 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would put flowers or something llike that but not a pumpkin because unfortunately people are cruel and they might smash it.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:51 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I really don't have an answer but I just wanted to say sorry for you loss sweetie
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 3:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• where his grave is it is secured where they guarantee nothing will happen to anything that you put on the graves its a privately owned cemetary
    lovebunny82709

Comment by lovebunny82709 (original poster) at 3:53 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• sorry for your loss hun! i know its hard, but put flowers instead :)
    mizzliz87

Answer by mizzliz87 at 3:55 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard. I think it's a wonderful way of celebrating his life. We visit my brother's grave on holidays and his birthday. On x-mas we put a few christmas decorations etc. It helps with the grieving process. I hope it's a memorable night for you.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 3:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Do whats in your heart honey if thats the way you choose to do it then do it.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 4:01 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• how sweet and wonderful! What a thoughtful beautiful way to celebrate your family. Just Beautiful!
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 4:44 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Awww, I think that would be cute.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 7:35 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• It sounds like a cute idea and maybe some balloons as well
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 7:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yes, I would… and I would take pictures of it too. I’m so sorry for your loss. I think this is a very sweet way to memorialize your son. And if it feels right to you, than do it!!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:05 AM on Oct. 22, 2010