how to keep bugs and spiders out my mailbox...

busymom804

Asked by busymom804 at 3:53 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• hang a sign to tell them they are not welcome :-P
    No but um raid I believe makes a 3 month spray to deter these type of insects
    http://www.killsbugsdead.com/
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 3:56 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• spray it down with lemon pledge or make a solution of lemon juice cayenne powder and water to spray all over and in it (spiders taste with their feet and hate citrus and hot things) and also drop a couple mothballs in there from time to time good luck!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:56 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Funny you should ask because I had a spider crawling on me yesterday in the car from bringing in the mail. Dh promptly slapped at it and killed it-right on my leg. The only thing you can do is spray the mailbox. I suggest Home Defense. It kills all kinds of bugs.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:56 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Don't forget to close the Mail Box Door and spray Bug killer inside the Mail Box..Spray to the back of the Mail Box so not to get the letters wet.
    Glo402

Answer by Glo402 at 7:12 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• why so negitive the animals where here first!! u can get a tap light in the mailbox and keep it lit they hate light.. everyone on cm hates bugs poor things
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 7:59 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My grammy used to keep mothballs in her mailbox, it seemed to work for her. Her mail smelled bad though :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:26 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I keep a dryer sheet in the mailbox, I know that works for bees.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:09 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• also use a dryer sheet..keeps bees and spiders and earwigs away..well least for me.. and my mail box smells fresh lol.. i put on in the mailbox in the back and replace every few days.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• We do the lemon pledge thing and it works great. (c: I have no desire to find any creepy crawly in my mail.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2010