If you are skinny

Do other women(even friends) get jealous of you? I am a thin person but have a womanly shape. I have a nice figure. I have no fat hanging on me and I'm not shaped like a stick figure but I am very slender. I met upwith a friend from hs that I hadn't seen in several years and all she could do was talk about how good I looked for having 2 kids and how did I stay so skinny. She's not fat, she's average. I'd estimate her size to be a 10. I know some say it as a compliment but sometimes I get some Go To H*** looks from strangers because of my body. lol What am I supposed to say? I am confident in my body and proud of it and work at maintaining it. I didn't get it from stuffing my face with french fries, ya know? I always try changing the subject off of me but somehow she always goes back to it! Shoudn't she like me no matter what? I have friends in every size! It doesn't matter to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Health

• Not all fat or overweight women stuffed themselves with french fries I am happy you are happy with your body its a good place to be. The rest of are working on that image for ourselves and not all of us are going around giving you the evil eye because of how you look.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:49 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Well maybe she is inspired by you? Maybe she wants to know what you are doing that got you back in such good shape. If that's the case point her in the right direction so she can get started on looking and feeling her best. I would feel flattered by her compliments, and kudos on looking great. ;P
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 5:01 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I didn't say everyone. But there are quite a lot of them that say rude things of jealousy. Anyone that says those things has a problem with themselves.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Jealousy is the highest form of a compliment.
    mrsjames

Answer by mrsjames at 5:26 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Is it wrong that I want them to just be happy and not care what size I am? I have heard of friends getting so jealous of each other because of apperance, job, kids, dh, etc that they stop being friends.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:30 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My weight has fluctuated over the years but I was in a real shocker when I was finally able to lose and keep off my weight - I was not prepared for the reaction (negative). I don't know if it had to do with being thin (I'm sure some of it is jealousy) or not being what my friends/family have always known me to be (heavier). People that know you/have known you, have a certain perception of you and if you change that, they get weird about it. That has been my experience.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I'm a size 2, still wear a bikini and people always are amazed that I've had kids at all, much less 5 of them. My friends tease me about it, but it's good natured. When I used to work outside the home, there were some of the girls there that were jealous but I just paid no attention to it. I don't do much to stay this size, I've just always been fortunate.

Answer by missanc at 9:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2010