Do you believe the Rapture is a scare tactic?

adelinasmommy

Asked by adelinasmommy at 4:44 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I do.
    adelinasmommy

Comment by adelinasmommy (original poster) at 4:45 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My earliest questions as a child, if we are in the last days now, why does the bible say that two-thousand years ago, after Jesus dies, that those were the last days? How do we know that these are really the last days, if the Bible was wrong before?

Just a little kid logic :-)
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 5:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Its no different than the Ragnorak (End of Days) the Vikings were certain was coming, now its just a fable in story books.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• We know they are the last days because of Revelations. The signs that they say of the last days. The whole reason Jesus died on the cross was to pay for our sins so we could go to Heaven.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:05 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Being that I am a believer in Christ and the Bible, I do not feel that it's a scare tactic. God is not a bully who thrives on trying to scare his people. God offers us salvation, comfort and solace. He promises his believers the kingdom of heaven. We are all going to die somehow, someday. Does it really matter if you die of a heart attack or in the rapture? No. It matters whether you're saved and where you're going. I for one am thankful that Jesus was willing to die for my sins so that I can be forgiven and enter the kingdom of heaven whenever my time here is done, whenever that may be.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 5:06 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• A Baha'i told me that Jesus already came and gone.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 5:09 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I believe the rapture is a way to scare people back to God.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:26 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Interesting pinkdragon36. Do you think God relies on scar tactics to draw people closer to him?
    adelinasmommy

Comment by adelinasmommy (original poster) at 5:32 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• No, I think it's something some people sincerely believe.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:00 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• scare*
    adelinasmommy

Comment by adelinasmommy (original poster) at 6:11 AM on Oct. 22, 2010