Do your parents respect you?

Mine talk to/treat me like CRAP. They talk to me like I'm stupid and yell at me and belittle me. They do the same to dh. They have on more than one occassion taken my young kids several states away without asking or telling me and I found out only when they got back from ds. They allow my kids to do things that I have forbidden. They don't care about me at all. And I mean that. I had a miscarriage several years ago and it tore me up and my mom didn't shed one tear, didn't say anything comforting to me, didn't even give me a hug. They never invite me and dh to their house or want to go places with us. They only invite kids. I have been hospitalized 3 times in the last 6 years for various things ad they never even ask me if I'm doing ok in the hospital!! My mom didn't beleive I was in pain until she heard it from the DR. They also feel like they can treat me like this because I don't have a lot of $ and am a disapointment.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Okay I would cut them off from your kids and then yourself never let people even your own make you feel lee then . You have to stand up to them this is the way they are and when they do not respect you either you keep it going or cut it off now. My dad always said respect from others is cheap if you cannot even give it to yourself. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:56 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Again you need to take some power back it has nothing to do with how much money you make but how you project yourself you need two books one being The art of War and Seven steps to a successfull person. Do not allow them to treat you this way they treat you bad because they know you will take it do not take it and things will change.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:03 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Sorry that was less then.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:04 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• People will treat you how you let them treat you. My mom and I have butted heads when it comes to my children, but I've always stood my ground & reminded her that she had her chance...these are MY kids. There was a time when I didn't have contact with my mom or let her see my kids for about 5 years...she was an alcoholic and I didn't want drinking around my kids. It was hard, but worth it. My mom had to change if she wanted to see her grandkids and daughter.
    Stand your ground....don't let them treat you that way. I wish you the best....
    mrsjames

Answer by mrsjames at 5:22 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• the best way is to talk to them and open your heart , tell them what you feel (without been ambarssed or feeling shame of doing that ( if this is what u feel for them ) they probably gonna yell on you but don't do the same just keep ur mind as cool as possible ( tell to ur self that u dont need there justificatuions but only u wanna open ur heart to them ) never put ur head down dear , self confidence is primordial , we are all different that's what could make life rich and spicy ;) dont mention any thing about ur sis that could hurt her if u talk to them talk about ur self only and hope everything gonna be ok
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 5:32 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• If you are not welcome somewhere, your kids have no business being there either.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 6:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• They think my older sister is wonderful because she makes good money and invite her everywhere and hang on her every word. Doesn't matter that she lies,steal,etc. She's stolen thousands of $ from them and now that she makes a lot of $ they act as though it never happened. I, who have always done everything they wanted me to do get treated like crap.They on occassion will give us a $20 bill here or there wgen it looks like our kids wont have food but they never do anything for us. Only if it affects the kids. My feelings have been beyond hurt for a long time now. They don't change when I tell them about it either. They want no relationship with me whatsoever. I told them one day when I can afford it that I'm moving far away because they don't care and I can't be emotionally abused anymore. They responded with"Well that's ok"
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:56 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yes theyboth have a lot of respect for me.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 8:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2010