Could a pregnant woman workout as usual , practice sport ?

I usually work out after work and in my days off so often , sweemin, tenis and some other gym activities, well the case is i'm just afraid if those activities will hurt the baby , should i just control toooo much what im gonna eat or continu my practices; but i red that hormones of a pregnant woman puch her to eat so much :s ... what's the best way to keep ur budy the way it is (while pregnant and after) what kind of sport activities for Pregnant Women ? to not ''double'' her weight

caramelH

Asked by caramelH at 5:13 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes, you can do all of that until your belly gets bigger. Your center of gravity will shift and you will want to do more low impact workouts.
    Swimming is the best! And Prenatal Yoga too!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:08 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• You can definitely still exercise. I did all the way up until I gave birth pretty much, but really listen to your body. It will tell you if you are working too hard or if you need to rest. Don't push yourself to do things that are not (or were not) in your ability level. I for one loved the elliptical and swimming when I was pregnant.

As a side note, I truly believe that working working out helped me keep my weight in check, and probably contributed to how I lost the weight so quickly. Good luck.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 6:09 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• You can work out newly pregnant if your body is already used to it. I was in the military when I was first pregnant (exercise while pregnant was my question). The doctor said if I was already used to the regimen
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 5:21 AM on Oct. 22, 2010