Something is not right- I went to the ER- something is in my left ovary and they can't tell me what it is... please any info would be apprecited!

I am 6 weeks pregnant. I began having pain in my left ovary two days ago- yesterday it got worse and cramping had begun. I went to the ER- they did an ultrasound (my hcg was 36650)
They saw a single intrauterine pregagncy which measured 5 weeks and 5 days and a heartbeat of 122. They also saw a subchorionic hemorage. Then in my right ovary they see a corpus Luteal cyst which measure 2.5 x 1.7 x 1.6 cm. However in my left ovary (where all the pain is) The report states: There is a slihty complex 1.5 x 1.5 cm region adjacent to the left of ovary. This is incompletely evaluated. Then they told me to follow up with an OB and get another ultrasound. The ER doc said it could be a cyst on that ovary as well or it could be a heterotopic pregnancy. Does ANYONE have any info/ or experience on any of this?

newmamanew2town

Asked by newmamanew2town at 5:15 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Heterotopic pregnancy
    Definition:
    A rare type of multiple pregnancy involving one viable pregnancy implanted in the uterus and the other implanted elsewhere as an ectopic pregnancy. Heterotopic pregnancies occur very rarely in couples who do not use assisted reproduction to conceive, with rates less than 1 in 30,000 naturally occurring pregnancies. Heterotopic pregnancies can occur in as many as 1 in 100 couples who conceive through assisted reproduction.

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:34 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Here is some more info http://miscarriage.about.com/od/miscarriagecauses/p/heterotopic-pregnancy.htm
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:36 AM on Oct. 22, 2010