18 month old banging head alot , when mad and for no reason

head banging

voostwegel

Asked by voostwegel at 11:15 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• maybe the baby is frustrated because he feels he cant get his needs met. because of lack of language.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My two year old does that a lot. His doctor keeps reminding me that he'll never hurt himself intentionally, but for my peace of mind I bought a soft mat, and that's where I take him to throw his temper tantrums.
    I can't tell you why they do it. Some of it seems like frustration for not being able to communicate. Other times it's when he's tired.
    I can tell you that separating him from the source of the problem (ie toys that he can't get to do what he wants, or too many people around) has helped slow the head banging issue.
    ShyViolett

Answer by ShyViolett at 8:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2008